Saturday, November 10, 2007

Om Shanti Om

We truly had a happy diwali! yesterday, watching om shanti om starring Shahrukh and Deepika Padukone. The show was house full as expected. Folks were dressed in diwali wear even the guys showed up in silk kurtas. We stood in a long line for about 30 min to get in. People were really enthused it was difficult to keep them out, we entered the theatre even before the previous show had exited. :-). Which was fun! The movie started with Rishi Kapoor's song om shanti om and the whole theatre was humming along. Now I understand why movies are released during Diwali

The movie was a funny spoof spanning the 60's and 90's. If you are a bollywood trivia fan like me you will totally enjoy it. I am sure some of the funny dialogs will be reminisced in party jokes to come. Actually I think I like Shahrukh more in a comic role than any of his other stupid ventures. Deepika was sweet but could have had a longer role. Vishal and shekhar's music was great. Vishal even got to play a small role. Overall I would give this 3 and half stars. I am even leaning towards to a 4 considering the diwali timing and the fun we had yesterday. Its a must watch! Good job Farah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is Shah Rukh Khan movie all the way. Deepika Padukone (daughter of Prakash Paudone) is awesome - tall and beautiful.
Some dialogues like "Dolly ko bola tha makeup na nikalo" are amazingly scripted.

Aki said...

Amazingly fun movie. I had loved Farah's first movie as well, pure entertainment with so many references - this one is done perfectly, for me the icing on the cake was the "mind it" sequence with SRK, my favourite actor of the whole movie was the guy who kept saying "wah, kya acting hain" - wah, kya movie hain!

survi said...

u bet the "mind it" is the bestest

chica said...

its a good thing I just have to write my comments.. coz I can't talk, I whistled and hoo-haa'ed through the whole movie and now my throat is croaking! I almost got up to dance, but then thought that might be carrying the shahrukh fever a bit too far. Anyways.. LOVES THE MOVIES!